Subscription Box

Monday, July 16, 2012

Transitioning from relaxed hair to NATURAL hair

I was wearing micro braids in my hair, when I decided to go natural, impulsively. I was planning on chopping all the relaxed hair off, and then start fresh. I really started talking it up to all my friends and co-workers. Well, one of my friends was already all natural. She mentioned that, if she could do it again, she would have transitioned so that she wouldn't have to go through an awkward phase of suddenly losing tons of length.

It was a light bulb moment for me.

My younger sister had just done the big chop (and it was beautiful), but now I was starting to consider a different route--transitioning YAY!!!

So I had to do some research, and of course trial and error, a very tried and true/reliable method. So, that is what this blog is all about. My sister and I taking tons of pics, researching, and trial and error methods on transitioning and natural hair.

At the top is a picture of me on my third try of a "tried and true" transitioning protective style-- The Straw Set. Below is a picture of my beautiful younger sister and her brand new natural do. Don't worry, I asked her permission to post it.

More pics and research as well as methods coming soon!!!! Also what I didn't mention is why I choose to go natural. That will be at a later date, with natural hair products.





 






Click here to shop online at the Brendita's Body Works website.


























Nexxus Therappe Shampoo - 44 oz. pump - Shampoo & Conditioner (Google Affiliate Ad)
Pantene Pro-V Normal-Thick Smooth Conditioner Pump - 40 oz. (Google Affiliate Ad) 
Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock Conditioner (Google Affiliate Ad)
 Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner - Daily Moisture - 40 oz. pump - Dove (Google Affiliate Ad)
 Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock Shampoo (Google Affiliate Ad)
Organic Black Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Google Affiliate Ad)
Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo (Google Affiliate Ad)




Support Blog







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions, (maybe even rants) are welcome